ONG Tunisie : International Rescue Committee recrute un Emergency Health Coordinator
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Libya is experiencing a severe political and security crisis. Despite the arrival of the presidential council in late March, a range of competing militias, terrorist groups and political factions are vying for power and influence. Intense fighting persists in several parts of the country. The humanitarian situation has deteriorated consistently over many months, with more than 1.3 million people in need of life-saving health care services. Almost half (43%) of the hospitals in Libya are either partially functional or non-functional as a result of an acute shortage of livesaving medicines, medical supplies and equipment along with critical shortages of human resources, particularly specialized nurses, midwives and technicians. These shortages are more pronounced at the primary care level and as a consequence, referral and tertiary hospitals are overloaded with patients presenting with common illnesses and are unable to meet the demand. Provision of primary health care, especially for communicable diseases among migrants and refugees in detention centres, is a major challenge for these population groups.
The IRC Libya program is in the process of expanding the scope and scale of health programming in Misrata, Sirte and Tripoli, developing an outcome focused strategy that aims to restore and strengthen the primary health care system, focusing on ensuring survival, equitably, and at scale to reach the largest number of clients.
SCOPE OF WORK: The IRC seeks to recruit a senior public health professional, who is a strategic thinker with strong writing skills, and who has experience designing, implementing and monitoring health programs in a volatile conflict effected environment. The candidate must have experience designing high impact cost efficient programs, and be able to demonstrate past experience delivering on results in such a difficult context. The Health Coordinator will report to the Head of Office, and will supervise the Health Manager (s). The position will be based in Tunisia, but will spend substantial time travelling in Libya.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (possible, not exhaustive):
Strategic Program Development (30%)
* Lead the development of the IRC health program strategy in Libya, ensuring the strategy is outcome focused and evidence based, and cost efficient and responsive to client needs.
* Continuously try to identify opportunities to collaborate and coordinate with MoH, UN agencies, and NGO partners, to ensure complementarity of IRC’s health strategy within the broader humanitarian health sector.
* Continuously try to identify funding opportunity to support the IRC’s health strategy and lead the technical design and drafting of concept notes, proposals, logical frameworks, and budget for future health programs in Libya.
* Represent the IRC in external forums to communicate the IRC’s health strategy, added value, and ongoing learning from the implementation of programs.
* Lead the technical design for needs assessments for program development.
* Develop strategic partnerships with local organizations, wherever possible.
Technical Monitoring and Program Quality (30%)
* Overall responsibility for the quality of implementation of health projects implemented in Libya.
* Ensure sound data collection and information management systems are in place for ongoing performance analysis and programmatic action based on data and identified needs.
* Ensure that health programs utilize standardized protocols, policies and guidelines, as outlined by the Ministry of Health and WHO. Ensure that all health activities are consistent with established best practices.
* Ensure that proper drug management systems are in place and liaise for technical assistance as needed for all strategic aspects of drug management and supply.
* Promote the quality of the IRC’s health programs by setting up quality assurance mechanisms and checks in collaboration with other staff.
* Ensure evaluation or research activities are conducted up to IRC standards in collaboration with IRC’s REL (Research, Evaluation & Learning) and the Health Unit Research Team (HURT).
* Ensure that the stated goals and objectives of all health projects are met with strong monitoring and evaluation (M&E) follow up, including any required operational research, with technical support requested as needed.
Project Management & Reporting (20%)
* Ensure the timely submission of quality donor reports for all health projects, including reporting against the logical framework.
* Assist the health managers to draft the information needed for donor reports for their operational areas.
* Review all reports prepared by the field staff and provide appropriate feedback to the concerned staff, and ensure that reports are written and submitted to concerned bodies in a timely manner.
* In collaboration with program managers, review Budget vs. Actual expenditure for health programs on a monthly basis with staff.
Staff development/capacity building (20%)
* Provide supportive supervision to supervisees, including development and monitoring of regular work plans.
* Provide timely and quality performance evaluations.
* Identify capacity building needs of international and national staff and develop capacity building plans to maximize performance and professional development.
* Participate in training and mentoring of health and other staff members in response to capacity building needs. Work with HR and HQ to adapt or develop appropriate training resources.
* Ensure IRC HR policies are respected at all times.
* Promote the IRC Way with all supervisee
* Ensure compliance with IRC policy and procedures throughout the program team and activities
* Health professional (MD, RN or Midwife) with an MPH.
* At least five years’ experience coordinating, implementing and managing public health programs in a volatile insecure environment.
* Excellent strategic thinking and ability to prioritize despite competing health needs
* Excellent program design skills, including proposal writing, budget development and monitoring and evaluation framework
* Experience with remote management of a multi-disciplinary team
* Experience with situation analysis and health assessments.
* Experience in capacity building and mentoring of national and international staff, even if based in other locations.
* Experience in pharmacy management
* Demonstrated leadership, communication, and facilitation skills.
* Excellent interpersonal, coordination and networking skills.
* Excellent problem solving skills, and demonstrated ability to handle pressure and improve.
* Positive attitude and good sense of humor
* Excellent computer skills in programs such as: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
* Fluency in English language and Arabic language is a plus.
ONG Tunisie : International Rescue Committee recrute un Emergency Health Coordinator
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.
Fonctions Animation, Formation, Assistance, Secrétariat, Traduction, Autre, Communication, Coordination, Gestion de projet, Encadrement, Direction, Etudes, Recherche, Organisation, Administration, Ressources Humaines, Technicien spécialiste
Activités Appui institutionnel, Décentralisation, Droit, Santé
Pays Afrique, Tunisie
Salaire / Indemnité
Postuler en ligne http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=a2F0cmluYW1pbGxlci4zMTc5MC42MTc3QGlyYy5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20
Date de fin de validité 28/08/2017