UNICEF hires 01 Communication for Development Specialist
Ville, Pays: Moundou, Tchad
Niveau d’études minimum réquis: Non précisé
Expériences professionnelles demandées: 5 ans
Date limite de dépôt de dossier: 31-08-2017
Email de réception des candidatures : Non précisé
Détails de l’offre:
|Communication for Development Specialist, (P-3), Moundou, Chad, #90426
Job Number: 506305 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Africa: Chad
Work Type : Fixed Term Staff
For every child, a plan
Under the general guidance of the supervisor, and in close coordination with the Communication Specialist, responsible for the design, formulation, management, execution, monitoring and evaluation of a behavioral change and social mobilization strategy, plan of action and programme activities in support of the country programme.
How can you make a difference?
1. Programme communication programme strategy, plan and implementation for behavioral change
◾Designs, manages, and facilitates the implementation of programme communication strategy, plan of action and activities for strategic communication and promotion for social and behavioral change in support of country programme delivery.
2. Programme communication materials
◾Organizes the research, development, pre-testing, and production of culturally relevant communication materials.
3. Partnerships for social mobilization
◾Develops and enhances strong partnerships with community groups, leaders and other partners in the community and civil society for promotion of participation in social and behavioral changes supportive of programme goals.
4. Capacity building support
◾Develops training materials and activities to build capacity for participatory and behavior change communication.
5. Coordination and collaboration with government and partners.
◾Provides effective coordination and technical support to government counterparts and other partners in the development and strategic use of communication for social development.
6. Monitoring and evaluation
◾Monitor and evaluate programme activities and prepare monitoring and evaluation reports. Exchange findings, experiences, lessons learned and new methods with partners.
7. Budget planning and management of program funds
◾Participate in the budget planning and ensure the compliance and the optimal appropriation of allocated programme funds.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
◾Education: An advanced university degree in the social/behavioral sciences, (Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, Health Education) with emphasis on strategic communication planning for behavior development, social mobilization, participatory communication, and research.
◾Work Experience: Minimum five years of progressively responsible professional work experience in the development, planning and management of social development programmes, including several years in developing countries, with practical experience in the adaptation and application of communication planning processes to specific programmes.
◾Language: Fluency in French and English required.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
Functional Competencies: Leading and Supervising (I), Formulating Strategies and Concepts (II), Relating and Networking (II) Persuading and Influencing (II), Applying Technical Expertise (II), Entrepreneurial Thinking (II)
a) Specific Technical Knowledge Required (for the job)
• Knowledge of current developments in the fields of : communication theory, motivational psychology, adult learning theory, indigenous media, community organization and participation, strategic communication planning, behaviour analysis, formative research and evaluation of communication interventions.
• Knowledge of inter-disciplinary approach in programme development and implementation in programme communication, social mobilization and behavioral change.
• Knowledge of and experience in emergency operations and management.
• Knowledge of and skills in programme communication networking, advocacy and negotiation.
• Knowledge of training/facilitation and impact evaluation of communication intervention.
• Knowledge and experience to organize and implement training, including development of curricula and methodologies. Knowledge of community capacity building.
• Knowledge and experience in the methods of communication to clearly and concisely express ideas and concepts in written and oral form and to listen to and acknowledges others’ perspectives and views.
• Computer knowledge, skills and practical experience, including internet navigation, network, telecommunications and various office applications.
b) Common Technical Knowledge Required (for the job group)
• UN/UNICEF policy papers, relating to programme communication and programmes.
• Executive Directives.
• UNICEF programme manuals.
• Communication for Development Guidelines.
• UNICEF country programme plans.
• Government development plans and policies.
• UN agency agreements and joint policy papers.
• Gender equality and diversity awareness.
c) Technical Knowledge to be Acquired/Enhanced (for the Job)
• Understanding of UNICEF Mission and UNICEF Guiding Principles.
• Understanding of UNICEF programmatic policies, goals, visions, positions, policies, priorities, strategies and approaches (MDGs, UNDAF, MTSP, etc.).
• Understanding of Rights-based and Results-based approach and programming.
• Understanding of UN mission and system; and International Code of Conduct.
• Understanding of staff welfare and rights of staff members.
• Knowledge of emergency operations and security guidelines.
• Understanding of international humanitarian affairs and humanitarian work.
• Understanding of UNICEF policies and procedures for programming, operations and communication.
• Latest theory, methodology, technology and tools in the functional areas.
• Knowledge of the Programme Policy and Procedure (PPP) manual.
• Knowledge, skills and experience in community capacity building.
• Understanding of government policies, guidelines, legislation and strategies on various subjects.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
* The successful candidate for this emergency recruitment MUST be available to commence work within 31 days of receiving an offer.
* Please note that this is a non-family duty station.
* Employment is conditional upon receipt of medical clearance, any clearance required, the grant of a visa, and completion of any other pre-employment criteria that UNICEF may establish. Candidates may not be further considered or offers of employment may be withdrawn if these conditions are unlikely to be met before the date for commencement of service.
Closing Date Thu Aug 31 2017 00:55:00 GMT+0200 (Paris, Madrid (heure d’été))