Deadline: 25 January 2020
The Melinda Gray Ardia Envrionmental Foundation is currently seeking applications for Environmental Curriculum Development Grants to assist educators in the design and implementation of holistic environmental curricula.
The Foundation seeks to contribute to the development, implementation and/or field testing of environmental curricula that meet the mission, goals and requirements.
Melinda Gray Ardia Envrionmental Foundation
Melinda Gray Ardia Envrionmental Foundation (MGAEF) is a non-Profit Private foundation dedicated to increasing environmental education, awarness and responsibility around the globe.
The mission of grant program is to support educators in developing and implementing holistic environmental curricula that:
- Integrate field activities and classroom teaching, and;
- Incorporate basic ecological principles and problem solving.
They have developed grant program with the following goals:
- To empower and encourage students to become involved in solving environmental and social problems;
- To promote thoughtful and appropriate analysis and understanding of the natural world;
- To train students as informed decision makers through the emphasis and application of basic ecological principles.
To be awarded a grant, environmental curricula must:
- Show a holistic approach;
- Strive to synthesize multiple levels of learning (facts, concepts, principles);
- Include experiential integrated learning and problem solving;
- Be founded on basic scientific principles, including hypothesis testing and experimental design;
- Incorporate basic ecological principles and field environmental activities within a primary or secondary school setting;
- Present controversial issues objectively, stressing the development of individual student opinions.
The Foundation provide grants of $1500 to educators to develop or implement environmental curricula.
- Any organization is eligible to apply, including schools, non-profits, governmental agencies and others;
- The Melinda Gray Ardia Environmental Foundation is available to everyone regardless of race, gender, religion, national origin, age, handicap, or sexual orientation;
- The only criterion that are required to provide funds to an organization, not to an individual. If applicants are self-employed, they need to find a sponsoring organization;
- They fund organizations across the globe, for example in Tanzania, Kenya, Guatemala, Chile and Bangladesh.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit http://www.mgaef.org/application.htm