Deadline: 2 December 2019
The Japan Foundation Center for Global Partnership (CGP) is seeking applications for its “Grant Program: Grassroots Program” to strengthen the global U.S.-Japan partnership and cultivating the next generation of public intellectuals and leaders necessary to sustain this partnership.
The maximum funding of this opportunity is typically $50,000 per year.
CGP will support US-Japan networking and outreach proposals that fall into the following categories:
- Establishing national and/or regional networks in the field of US-Japan exchange and outreach;
- Promote the capacity building and the program development of national and/or regional centers or their member organizations which aims to enhance US-Japan exchange and outreach activities;
- Promote the understanding of contemporary issues/topics of Japan including, but not limited to, social entrepreneurship, disaster recovery and prevention, popular culture, aging society, and sports. Such issues/topics can be explored through trainings, exchange, conferences, teacher workshops, and educational outreach on Japan, including but not limited to, development of curricula or teaching materials, etc.
- Demonstration of national and/or regional tangible outcomes and impact;
- Innovative, creative, and new approaches such as the utilization of digital media and technology that possess (ensures) secured and high-quality contents;
- Attention towards underserved areas of the Midwest, South, and Mountain states as well as non-traditional audiences that have not been previously exposed to Japanese culture and topics.
- Possess highly collaborative partnerships between U.S. and Japan (i.e., projects containing strong collaboration between U.S. and Japan-based organizations or with U.S.-Japan related organizations).
Only submissions from U.S. organizations with 501(c)(3) status will be accepted.
How to Apply
Proposals should be submitted by mail or other postal delivery services at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: United States
For more information, please visit https://www.cgp.org/grant_grassroots_program