Welthungerhilfe recruits Finance Officer
Opportunités de carrière : Finance Officer (4133)
ID requis 4133 – Publié 27/09/2019 – Niamey – Temps complet
Aperçu avant impression du descriptif de poste
Postuler Enregistrer le poste Communiquer le poste à un ami par e-mail Revenir à la liste
Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: « Zero Hunger by 2030 » – If you want to become part of this joint mission and support us in the fight against hunger worldwide, we look forward to receiving your application as:
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Niamey, Niger.
As Finance officer you will implement existing financial management standards in the programmes and projects efficiently and promptly, thereby making a significant contribution towards the success of the programme work. This involves ensuring that the projects’ financial administrative processes are auditable and efficient. In addition you will carry out financial administrative controls at project level, as well as supporting the Heads of Project perform their supervisory duties within the framework of project administration. If necessary, you will be instructing and supporting project partner organisations in matters relating to financial management.
• Ensuring that project funds are correctly managed according to the specifications of Welthungerhilfe and co-financers
• Ensuring that documentation of data, account assignment and bookkeeping entries are carried out correctly in bookkeeping Software
• Allocating costs internally within a project or between projects
• Preparing documentation in order for Head of Project and/or project partner organisations to assume budgetary responsibility (expenditure and budget control)
• Preparing annual account documents in cooperation with Head of Project and Head of Finance in Country Office
• Preparing of refunds/returns/final fund requests to donors (EU, UN, USAID, German Foreign Office)
• Instructing, advising and supervising of local administrative staff
• A university or polytechnic degree in a relevant field e.g. finance and accounting
• 2 to 5 years professional experience working in the global south
• Several years of professional experience in the administration of co-financed projects for international (aid) organizations
• Excellent coordination and organizational skills, including ability to work under pressure
• A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
• An excellent knowledge of French and English (spoken and written), German is an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under « Our benefits ».
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by October 13, 2019. Your contact person is Carolin Moellenbeck.
*We welcome applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession, or origin. In case of equal qualification, people with disabilities will be given preferential consideration.