|Description||FIXED TERM | 12 MONTHS | AUGUST 2019|
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,600 national staff 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 14 million beneficiaries.
ACTED has been present in Kenya since 2006 with a coordination office in Nairobi. The teams in Kenya are implementing projects to meet the needs of populations regularly affected by drought. Local communities are supported with improved access to food, protection of livelihoods and increased access to basic services such as sanitation, clean water. The NGO also works with local governments and community peace committees to promote social cohesion and integration.
You will be in charge of
- Protect and promote the vision, mission and interests of consortium partners towards external stakeholders;
- Represent the consortium toward the donor(s) and government authorities and therefore communicate with the donor(s) and government authorities;
- Where relevant, expand the donor portfolio of the consortium by tracking funding opportunities
- Attend government, UN, NGO and donor meetings and present ongoing consortium activities;
- Ensure the visibility of the consortium amongst humanitarian, donor and government actors throughout the project;
- Effectively manage coordination with other actors (UN, NGOs) intervening in a similar sector;
- Ensure the continuum of consortium PR activities, including formal presentations, engaging media for coverage on success stories, updating project-specific and regional fact sheets, and documenting publications featuring the consortium in the media;
- Oversee the consortium’s communication activities including media visits, photographer’s mission, videos, etc.;
- Lead the drafting and dissemination of position papers, statements, reports and releases on the consortium’s engagements and humanitarian advocacy.
2. Internal Coordination
- Effectively manage partnerships between the different parties of the consortium to ensure smooth collaboration;
- Ensure regular and open/transparent communication between consortium partners;
- Regularly communicate with consortium Country Directors on project activities;
- Convene and chair regular (e.g. monthly, quarterly) consortium steering committee meetings to discuss programme and financial issues, disseminate minutes and follow up on action points;
- Carry out weekly catch ups with consortium key focal points.
- Support the development and maintenance of a coherent consortium strategy across all partners;
- Promote harmonization of approaches and methodologies across all consortium partners by developing and monitoring use of common tools, as well as creating opportunities for experience sharing and learning;
- Coordinate the development of all technical tools related to the consortium’s project (ToRs for consultants and evaluators, ad hoc reports, capitalization reports…),
3. Project Cycle Management
- Define project implementation modalities and methodologies (including, but not limited to technical specifications, identification and registration of beneficiaries, distribution and sensitization);
- Organize project kick-off and close-out meetings;
- Together with the Project Managers of consortium partners, plan the various stages of project implementation and set direction by prioritizing and organizing activities and resources to achieve project objectives.
Project Implementation Follow-up
- Oversee and monitor the work of consortium and local implementing partners, ensuring that technical quality and standards are considered and respected during project implementation;
- Support the Project Managers of each partner to implement all aspects of the project;
- Conduct regular follow-up of work plans, identify and address any delays in a timely and effective manner;
- Monitor output achievement, cash burn rates and ensure a timely completion of the project.
Project Quality Control
- Conduct periodic field visits to validate progress reports, identify problems and issues to address during Consortium Management Team meetings and make recommendations for improvement;
- Ensure the project progress is effectively monitored through regular data collection, analysis of indicators and activities and documented with proper sources of verification;
- Advise consortium Project Managers to adapt implementation of the project according to monitoring and evaluation findings;
- Advise on and assist with project reviews conducted by internal and external monitoring and evaluation team;
- Coordinate and put in place a program capitalization system in collaboration with each focal point from each consortium partner.
- Ensure that contractual obligations are met in terms of project deliverables;
- Ensure the activities are implemented according to the approved donor and partnership agreement;
- Ensure that donor rules and procedures are understood and respected by all parties, sharing information and conducting training if required on proposed systems and processes for consortium management;
- Develop a reporting schedule that is agreed by all consortium members;
- Ensure external reporting for all the consortium members according to donor and ACTED requirements is respected by all according to agreed deadlines;
- Collect and consolidate narrative reports from consortium members for donor reporting;
- Prepare documentation for any project modifications, including budget revisions, amendments or extensions. Ensure such changes are made in close consultation with the consortium partners;
- Together with the Country Finance Manager, manage and negotiate any budget changes in accordance with donor and ACTED HQ criteria.