GFA Consulting Group recrute un M&E Expert
|Entreprise/Structure: GFA Consulting Group
Ville, Pays: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Niveau d’études minimum réquis: Bac + 5 ou plus
Expériences professionnelles demandées: 6 ans
Date limite de dépôt de dossier: 17-08-2017
Publié le 28/07/2017 à 12h06min00s
Email de réception des candidatures : email@example.com
Détails de l’offre:
Job Opportunity M&E Expert
Posted on: 27 Jul, 2017
Application by: 17 Aug, 2017
Project Status: Prequalification
Project Title: African Legal Support Facility (ALSF)
Period of Project: 11/2017 to 11/2019 (to be confirmed)
Duration of assignment: 4 to 18 months (several missions) (to be confirmed)
Country: Côte d’Ivoire
Duty Station: Abidjan
Job Code: AFR-UEB17KfW0338/3
The African Legal Support Facility (ALSF), based in Abidjan / Côte d’Ivoire, is an international organisation established by a treaty in 2008. Overarching goal of the ALSF is to help maximize resources available for the economic development and social progress in its Member Countries. ALSF’s main objectives include: (i) assisting AfDB’s Regional Member Countries (RMCs) address litigation brought against them by vulture funds (and other such entities); (ii) creating an avenue for AfDB’s RMCs to access legal advice when negotiating complex commercial transactions (especially in the area of infrastructure and natural resources); and (iii) investing in and organizing the training of legal counsel from participating RMCs to equip them with legal expertise necessary to better represent their countries.
In its function as the Project-Executing Agency the African Legal Support Facility (ALSF) invites qualified consultancy firms to submit an Expression of Interest for consulting services required. Funds have been earmarked for this project by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development, provided through KfW Development Bank.
Overall objective of the services required is to improve ALSF’s operations in order to organize its growth path and to allocate and implement donor funds more efficiently and effectively. At the same time, it is of essential interest for ALSF and its contributing partners to ensure sustainable institutional and financial development. Therefore, ALSF is looking for support regarding – among others – Institutional Development, Communication and Monitoring & Evaluation.
Special emphasis shall be on the recently developed M&E system. A M&E expert (medium-term) will refine it and advise on its implementation; especially with regard to developmental impact measurement. The expert will work in close co-operation with M&E staff of ALSF.
Duties and responsibilities of the M&E expert
• Conduct a analysis of the current M&E framework with regard to developmental impact; identify further common donor requirements to be considered ;
• Based on the results of the analysis adjust / simplify the logical framework and the M&E processes (especially with regard to impact measurement) in order to reach a manageable, meaningful and comprehensive tool, taking into account data and reporting requirements, budgets as well as staff capacity;
• Identify and include indicators in the adjusted / simplified logical framework to monitor cross-cutting issues (governance, environmental and social standards, gender, human rights, domestic resource mobilization, peacemaking and conflict prevention especially in fragile countries), closely aligned with AfDB standards;
• Establish reporting standard for outcomes and impacts as well as contributions to Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and African Union (AU) Agenda 2063 for clients, law firms and ALSF;
• Advise on designing, coordinating and conducting results-based project evaluations (mid-term and end-line), taking into account key performance indicators given in the MTS;
• Ensure that the M&E framework is in line with systems in place with AfDB and EITI.
• Advise on the integration of M&E into ALSF’s standard working processes, the Management Information System and the Internal Control System;
• Assist in generating results-oriented project proposals;
• Develop a project monitoring plan (PMP) in line with project logical model; support the development of base lines and targets; provide assistance to ensure that implementation of field activities adheres to the PMP; supervise regular data collection through project officers and advice on improvement of collection procedures (e.g. digital transmission) to ensure adequacy and quality of the data collected;
• Support use of M&E to create meaningful recommendations to Project Managers and Partners; assisting in data review; advise on designing and conducting Post Implementation Monitoring Surveys (PIMS);
• Develop a tool to improve quarterly, six-month and annual reports with a clear focus on results based reporting;
• Train M&E staff of ALSF regarding modern international M&E standards and integration of M&E into project work;
• Organize learning from M&E with the wider team, with an emphasis on best practices, success factors and 2-way-learning; support Project Managers in improving learning and sharing mechanisms within their projects and across projects;
• Master degree (Development Economics, Development Policy or any other relevant field);
• at least 6 years of sound international professional experience in development cooperation in M&E and experience in project management;
• strong background in capacity development;
• understanding government operations particularly in an African context and the landscape of international relations;
• fluent in English or French, good command of the other language is an asset.
Contact Person: Karen Reschenberg