U.S. Embassy Kabul, Afghanistan announces Public Diplomacy Program Alumni Network
Deadline: 2 July 2019
The Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan has announced an open competition for eligible organizations to submit applications to implement a project to facilitate greater connectivity and action among alumni of U.S. Embassy Kabul Public Diplomacy programs.
The aim of this program is to organize and empower alumni of U.S. government-funded programs to unite their efforts and take an active part in contributing to the social, economic, and political development of Afghanistan, as well as the peace and reconciliation process.
The objectives of this project are to:
- Enhance coordination among U.S. Public Diplomacy alumni on the priority topics of peace and reconciliation, youth and women’s empowerment, economic prosperity, government capacity building, and active civil society;
- Empower individual PAS alumni to initiate community-based projects by providing small grants;
- Continue to support the work and activities of the Organization of Afghan Alumni (OAA) and the Afghan Fulbright Association (AFA);
- Encourage mentorship and professional network development among alumni;
- Inform Department of State stakeholders about the attitudes, achievements, and efforts of individual alumni as pertains to U.S. policy priorities in Afghanistan;
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $250,000
- Award Ceiling: $250,000
- Award Floor: $200,000
- Eligibility is open to non-profit organizations.
- Organizations may sub-award/contract with other entities, but only one non-profit entity may be the prime recipient of the award.
- Afghan government entities are not eligible to apply. For-profit entities are not eligible to be the prime recipient of an award under this NOFO.
- When sub-awarding/contracting with other entities, the responsibilities of each entity must be clearly defined in the proposal.
- Applicants must submit proof of their non-profit status with their proposal (e.g., proof of 501(c)(3) status, Afghan NGO license, etc.).
- Applications that do not include proof of non-profit status will not be considered for an award. Individuals are not eligible for an award under this NOFO.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=316656