Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) has announced a call for proposals for its “Nature based Solutions for Water”.
SDC is looking for project proposals that contribute to the achievement of the following:
- The overall objective of the initiative is a water-secure world in which NbSW solutions are applied along-side human-made (grey) infrastructure solutions to benefit a range of stakeholders, at local, national, regional and global levels, including the most vulnerable people and the environment.
- This objective is based on the following outcomes:
- Demonstrations, replications and scaling-up of NbSW have created benefits for multiple stakeholders, incl. the most vulnerable people and the environment
- Sound economic and financial analysis and instruments have demonstrated the value and benefits of NbSW and enabled governments, businesses and NGOs to use NbSW beneficially
- Policies, regulations, incentives, standards and M&E/MRV systems have enabled public and private actors to use NbSW as a standard practice in water governance and management.
- Water decision making, action planning and management practices have incorporated NbSW due to an increased awareness, understanding, capacity and willingness of key stakeholders.
SDC’s contribution will indicatively range between CHF 2’500’000 – CHF 3’500’000 for the first phase of the project.
The first phase of the project shall last 3 years (2019 – 2022), followed by a possible second and third phase until 2027
The initiative should have a focus on Latin America (specifically Peru and Colombia), Africa and Balkans (especially Macedonia). It shall be relevant at local level and have a clear link to policy frameworks at national, regional and global levels.
- The applying organizations have the necessary expertise, capacity, network and experience and a strong track record in the field of nature based solutions for water.
- Applications by consortiums, with experience in the mentioned field and which are able to develop and implement projects of similar volume and complexity, are encouraged.
- In case of a multi beneficiary contribution (consortium), the lead organization is the coordinator of a consortium established between several applicants, submitting a joint proposal.
- The lead applicant will be the intermediary for all communication between the co-beneficiaries and the SDC and responsible for supplying all documents and information to the SDC.
How to Apply
The proposals have to be submitted via email at the address given on the website with the subject: Nature-based solutions for water.
For more information, please visit the website.