Land O’Lakes Venture37 recruits 01 Finance and Accounting Officer
Land O’Lakes Venture37 is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit helping communities around the world build economies by strengthening agriculture from farm-to-fork, helping businesses grow, and linking farmers to markets. Since our start in 1981, we have been leveraging nearly 100 years of expertise in crop inputs, agricultural insights, dairy and animal nutrition from our close affiliate, Land O’Lakes, Inc., a farmer-owned agribusiness committed to fulfilling its purpose of feeding human progress.
Our team is made up of nearly 350 employees who are committed to market-led approaches, and passionate about collaborating locally to create lasting inclusive economic growth. By unlocking the potential of agriculture for the last 36 years, the lives of more than 3 million people have been transformed through nearly 300 programs in more than 80 countries.
In partnership with Catholic Relief Services (CRS), Land O’Lakes Venture37 anticipates implementing livestock interventions (especially goats/sheep and poultry) within theMaharo project in southern Madagascar. Maharo is a food security activity designed to prevent and reduce acute food insecurity among the most vulnerable households in the Androy and Atsimo Andrefana Regions.
Maharo’s will improve access to basic and emergency services (food assistance, health/nutrition, water, protection) and build household assets to increase resiliency, protect assets, and reduce vulnerability to acute food insecurity. Maharo aims to reach approximately 60,000 households in Beloha, Tsihombe, Ampanihy, Betioky-Atsimo, and Toliara II.Maharo aims to reduce food insecurity through four key pillars (Purposes):
Purpose 1: Communities, and especially the most vulnerable households and individuals, are supported by inclusive and effective social services and safety nets
Purpose 2: Nutritional (acute and chronic) status of PLW, adolescents (particularly girls), and children under 5 is improved and sustained
Purpose 3: Extremely poor and vulnerable households’ (especially women, youth, and people with disabilities within those households) livelihoods resilience increased
Purpose 4: Vulnerable households, communities, and institutions have improved resilience to disasters and climate related shocks and stresses
Within Purpose 3, livestock represents a critical economic and social activity for many households in southern Madagascar. Working in an integrated manner with all project purposes, Venture37 will implement activities addressing the following areas:
- Livestock production, animal health, value chain and ASF study.
- Animal health system and community livestock health workers.
- Livestock ownership and management for resilience and growth.
- Forage and Fodder Management.
- Animal source food promotion and innovation.
Venture37 seeks a Finance and Administration Officer to conduct project accounting and oversee project team administrative and financial procedures, processes, and systems. This includes using the Venture37 accounting system, processing transactions, managing the project bank account, serving as a human resources representative, and project financial reporting. The main areas of responsibilities of this position will be, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for overall management of project accounting actions.
- Responsible for the processing of all electronic transactions and transactions via cash, checks, and wire transfer payments.
- Manage the payroll system and payroll related items, such as taxes, and process paychecks for project staff.
- Ensure all the transactions are compiled on a timely basis.
- Perform accurate tracking and recording of project expenditures in Cost Point.
- Prepare monthly financial package to HQ.
- Prepare monthly budget forecasts by collecting information from the technical team and submit monthly fund request to HQ.
- Analyze the Project Status Report on a monthly basis with the Livestock Team Lead to prepare realistic spending forecasts against an annual budget.
- Manage employee travel funds reporting and reimbursements and ensure they are cleared in a timely basis.
- Ensure that project vendors are paid on time.
- Serve as primary point of contact and oversee all financial reporting and audit activities.
- Ensure all employees are operating in accordance with Venture37 and donor policies, rules, and regulations.
- Oversee activities related to procurement and inventory.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Accountant will report directly to the Livestock Team Lead.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or relevant field. CPA certification preferred.;
- A minimum of five (5) years professional experience;
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience working within USAID accounting and procurement regulations;
- Knowledge of US government regulations;
- Experience applying best-practice and organizational policy and procedures in a country-based project.
- Excellent communication with demonstrated interpersonal, analytical presentation, and writing experience.
- Highly developed negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Proven skills working with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Working Knowledge of MS Office and Excel.
- Oral and written fluency in English;
- Fluency or proficiency in French; proficiency or fluency in Malagasy is preferred.
- Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted.
Land O’Lakes never requests money or payment from candidates for any position type. Please report any such requests to Land O’Lakes.