|Description||The type of contract will depend on the country and the profile|
Deadline of application: Open
Start date of the contract: To be defined
Under te supervision of the Country Director in Lebanon, and with a functional link to the Finance and Administrative Director of CARE France, he / she supervises the Finance (both Grants and Accounting), Logistics and Administration units. DCD Support would be supporting CARE Lebanon in implementing Customer Service Approach throughout the CO.
1.FUNCTIONS IN ORDER OF PRIORITY
Accountancy, finance and treasury
- Provides overall management of the Country Office’s Finance Department to ensure that optimum financial support is provided to Country Office projects within established CARE financial policies and principles and within the standards set by the Country Office.
- Provides advice to the CD on financial matters, particularly the monthly review of the balance sheet and regular budget forecasting and projections.
- Minimizes financial risk specifically in the areas of cash management and treasury (foreign exchange).
- Advise the Project managers with donor contracts. Provides advice & provides expertise at the project/program budget proposal development and final submission stage.
- Reviews and monitors the Country Offices financial policies, systems and procedures and initiates development or correction as required.
- Closely monitors Banking and Governmental policies in country, regulations, and provides advice on payment issues.
- Liaises with the DCD Programs, to ensure that the contract liabilities are collected in a timely manner and that project expenditures are in line with the contract budgets.
- Authorizes Country Office statements, staff payroll, financial reports, adjusting journal entries, cash receipts and signs cheques and bank letters in collaboration with the Senior Finance Officer and under the levels of authority delegated by CARE France.
- Supervises the preparation and submission of the Country Office budgets by line managers and finance staff, to ensure that budgets reflect Country Office needs and CARE budgetary requirements in collaboration with the Finance staff.
- Provides information, guidance, addresses issues, and ensures there is an understanding of Country Office finance requirements and standards along with contractual requirements from different donors.
- Heads strategy and direction for the Country Office in regards all finance matters. Authorizes overall finance plans for budgets, staffing, and procurement and makes and final decisions/recommendations on policy-level financial matters and provides an over view to the department on forex transactions as per delegated by CARE France.
- Audits the accounting practices of the Country Office finance staff through the authorization of various documents and financial instruments and takes corrective action as necessary.
- Directly supervises the senior Finance staff and provides general team leadership for the Finance department.
- Overall responsibility for managing and ensuring CARE HR practices, including PSEA, Code of Conduct and other Humanitarian principles.
- Ensuring that payroll management is adherent to the CARE France policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the compliance to social and legal regulations
- Overall responsibility for ensuring the operational management of human resources and timely recruitment, competitive remuneration, and development and implementation of the human resource strategy
- Staff capacity building and development by introduce talent Management/Mapping, including Acquisition part of broader localization vision of the CO.
- Provide support in HR Department, so solid HR rosters are create to ensure we have both emergency/contingency planning in place for human resources.
- Promote an attractive working environment based on equality, caring attitudes, and integrity where staff feel safe, valued and respected.
- Oversight of supply chain process and procedures for programs (i.e. procurement, fleet, asset, ICT)
- Support development of robust procurement systems, which has clear transparent, fair and objective procedures.
- Support development of robust Framework/Service Agreement that could support in timely manner to the program teams.
- Ensure procurement plans/trackers are kept updated regularly by the team in coordination with program teams who own the procurement plans.
- Ensure Asset management is working systematically, and e-inventory is created to preserve the information we have in place.
- Oversight of the administration stemming from general office management
- Provide link and support to the legal support in country
- Provide adequate support to neighboring CO/CARE counterparts if necessary or requested by CD or other higher authorities.
- Supervision and review of the implementation of administrative and financial procedures of CARE France.
- Contribution to the development of internal control
- Focal point for internal and external audits, including Anti-Fraud
- Updating Risk management Matrix and dealing with mitigation matrix which aim at reducing risks around aid diversion.
- Responsible for the implementation of audit recommendation.
Member of Senior Management Team
- Ensure that SMT principles are respected from his part of participation, including, adherence to the policies adopted, or implementation of the CARE Lebanon vision among Support Departments.
- Promote CARE Lebanon office culture of Accountability, People and Innovation
- Participate and encourage participation of Support Department key staff in the processes like EPP, Conflict Sensitivity and Diversity, Partnership Strategy, etc.
- Provide and contribute to policy setting, guidelines and decision making for the Country Office working in close collaboration with the Country Director.
Education and Training
- MS Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management or equivalent
Skills and past experience
- Experience of minimum 5 years in a similar position, with a significant experience in the field supervising a team,
- Knowledge of SAGA software is an advantage
- Customer Service approach oriented in providing support to the programs
- Experience in supporting localization efforts
- Experience in Middle East or Lebanon working with various donors like USG, EC, BMZ, DFAT, etc.
- Fluency in English
- French and Arabic are desirable
3. APPLICATION CONDITION AND MODALITIES
Contract: fixed term contract – renewable
Salary: according to profile and CARE International salary scale
Deadline of candidacy: Open
How to apply?
The interested candidates have to send their cv and cover letter to the following email address: email@example.com
CARE encourages diversity in its recruitments.
Due to the large number of applications, we are unable to answer every candidate individually. Only the selected candidates will be contacted directly. If you did notreceive answer from us 4 weeks following your application, please consider your application as not selected.
We would also like to inform you that: in view of the regulation about data protection, in the event of an unsuccessful application, we will not keep your application file or any personal information about you. Everything will be destroyed.
CARE France applies zero tolerance to the exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment of women and children and mobilizes all its employees in the implementation of its global policy.