The International Rescue Committee (IRC) ( www.theIRC.org ) is one of the largest humanitarian agencies in the world, providing relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict reconstruction support to victims of oppression and violent conflict. Founded in 1933, the IRC has worked for over seven decades and today is involved in over 25 countries in the world. We address both the immediate, life saving needs of conflict affected people in an emergency and the reconstruction needs in post conflict societies. IRC is committed to a culture of bold leadership, innovation in all aspects of our work, creative partnerships and thorough accountability to those we serve. The IRC is an international agency with offices in London, New York, and Geneva.
IRC Tanzania’s current sectors include Gender-Based Violence, Child Protection, Youth and Livelihoods, Health, Community-Based Rehabilitation, Education and Health.
The Education Coordinator will be responsible for providing technical and operational support and ensuring timely and quality implementation of program activities and strategies in compliance with donor requirements S/he will ensure that the objectives of the programs are met in a timely manner and are being monitored and evaluated effectively; ensure that education staff receive appropriate mentorship and professional development; and that a positive team spirit is fostered encouraging innovative and quality programming. Additionally, the Education Coordinator will collaborate with other sectors to ensure that protection and wellbeing of children is consistently mainstreamed across IRC sectors. The Education Coordinator will also work in coordination with key Education stakeholders and partners, representing the IRC Education program in Tanzania.
* Provide strategic direction, leadership and overall technical and management support to education programs in Tanzania;
* Actively and meaningfully participate in the Grant Management Meeting process;
* Ensure the implementation of existing M&E systems, provide guidance where needed to improve the effectiveness of these systems and work to ensure output and impact data are captured and used to optimize program quality and identify efficiencies;
* Ensure all IRC education projects are implemented in a timely and professional manner, according to objectives, goals and indicators established by the IRC, in line with donor requirements and based on beneficiary needs;
HR & Staff Capacity Building
* Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions;
* Play an active role in the planning and execution of the country Strategic Action Plan and sector strategies;
* Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of the team; promptly reporting concerns or incidents to IRC management and liaising with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment for IRC programs;
* All IRC staff are required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
* Minimum of 4 years professional experience in management of education programs in emergencies, INGO experience required;
Working Environment: The position will be based in Kasulu, Tanzania. The Education Coordinator will be provided shared housing
|Fonctions||Animation, Formation, Autre, Coordination, Gestion de projet|
|Activités||Animation, Formation, Education, Autre, Informatique, Communication|
|Salaire / Indemnité||Negotiable|
|Postuler en ligne||http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=a2F0cmluYW1pbGxlci42NTE3NC42MTc3QGlyYy5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20|
|Date de fin de validité||23/09/2017|