Define, implement, coordinate and supervise all pharmacy related activities in the project area, according to MSF standards and protocols, following the mission pharmacist and Medical Coordinator’s guidelines and managing the staff involved in the pharmacy, in order to ensure the proper management of drugs and medical devices and its supply to the central project pharmacy (or medical warehouse) and other peripheral units within the same project.
- Participate actively in the definition of annual planning and budgets and their update
- Give support in the medicines and medical devices ordering and supply process, in order to ensure the stock follow-up for all pharmacies avoiding expiries, overstocks and stock outs and ensuring its overall efficiency and
- Collecting and preparing accurate data (inventory, consumptions), later used by whom may correspond in drawing up the medical
- Ensuring the proper maintenance of the cold chain, in collaboration with logistics
- Monitor correct stock management across pharmacies within project area, to guarantee a good control and up-dated data of stock levels and general control over drugs and medical
- Ensuring pharmacy stock cards and inventories are recorded
- Tracking movements of drugs and medical devices (entry, exit, destinations) ensuring quality and assessing their conditions, as well as reporting any
- Ensuring that all pharmacy staff knows color and normal aspect of all drugs in order to identify eventual deterioration
- Ensuring correct disposal of expired
- Ensure, in cooperation with the project logistic manager, storage conditions (e.g. humidity, temperature, light exposure, cleanliness, pest and rodents control, etc.), and that classification and organization of medicines and medical material meet MSF protocols
- Ensure that all hygiene and security procedures are followed in project pharmacies by cleaning, controlling pests and rodents,
- Supervise the functioning and organization of the project central pharmacy and other peripheral units, setting the protocols and procedures to be followed by all staff, in order to ensure the quality of the service given to the population and the accurate handling of the products and equipment in terms of hygiene and
- Report on drug consumptions and medical devices dispensed according to protocols, informing
- Carry-out all the reporting tasks associated to his/her field of action and responsibility, ensuring its consistency and accuracy, in order to support the decision-making by his/her
- Ensures that all pharmacy staff uses required clothes and equipment according to protocols, i.e. white coat, gloves, etc.
- Participate in monthly reports according to guidelines (SitReps, medical statistical reports, )
- Plan and supervise, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge
|Expériences / Formation du candidat||Education:|
Pharmacy degree essential (desirable pharmacy management diploma)
2 year experience as a pharmacist, preferable experience in pharmacy management/hospital.
Having worked in MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries is desirable.
|Salaire / Indemnité||Salary defined by the MSF-Spain salary grid, additional monthly living allowance, lodging provided at the organisation’s guesthouse/or housing allowance, transportation costs covered, provision of medical, life, and repatriation insurance|