|Description||BACKGROUND TO IRC|
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC has been present in Nigeria since 2012 when the organization responded to flooding in Kogi state. In early 2014, IRC opened a field office in Mubi town of Adamawa state followed by offices in Yola in Adamawa state in November 2014 and Maiduguri in Borno state in October 2015. With rapid expansion in late 2016 and early 2017, the IRC opened additional field offices in Monguno and Gwoza in Borno state and Damaturu in Yobe state. The country office is in Abuja. The IRC Nigeria implements programs in primary health care, nutrition, environmental health, women’s protection and empowerment, protection, child protection, education, food security, and livelihoods.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Livelihoods Manager will be responsible for the technical implementation coordination, monitoring and evaluation of a Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) livelihoods programme, called ” Rescuing Futures that will support young people ” in Adamawa State in Northeastern Nigeria. Supported by Citi EMEA and the IRC, vulnerable host community members are expected to improved livelihoods opportunities, and use those opportunities to contribute to the development goals of their communities. This will be done through training and community engagement sessions, learning event s , and start-up grants to successful programme participants. There will also be a focus on stakeholder engagement to the wider business and humanitarian communities. The post holder will also be in charge of a two years IGA and VSLA component of the EUTF funded project ongoing in Mubi axis and the he will be expected to manage any future growth/projects in the urban livelihoods sectors.
The project will support male and female youth to undertake income generation through self employment. Working through employment and business development service providers , the IRC will support access to job counseling, legal counseling, job referall, life skills, vocational training, on the job training and microenterprise – all coordinated through IRC’s partnerships approach. The Urban Livelihoods Manager will be responsible for the day to day implementation and scale up plans for the livelihoods program. S/he will liaise with other technical coordinators within IRC, partners, as relevant interagency coordination structures . The Manager is responsible for overall management of livelihoods staff, providing any and all support necessary to ensure successful implementation of ERD livelihoods programming.
Technical Quality and Program Development
* Ensures appropriate methodologies and technical approaches are implemented working with the ERD Coordinator and IRC’s ERD Technical Advisors to ensure global best practice to programming is applied.
Proposal Development, Grant Planning & Implementation
* Supports/participates in the development of all ERD Livelihoods related proposals.
* Contributes to regular donor and internal reporting. Where necessary e nsure s the IRC submits donor reports as per set schedules (monthly, quarterly and annually) on grant activities, indicators and achievements are produced in quality.
* Works closely and coordinates with IRC logistics, finance and grant staff to ensure timely and compliant program activities and expenditures; including active participation in procurement, supply chain, grant and other meetings.
Human Resources Management
* Leads the management of the Urban Livelihoods team.
* With the ERD Coordinator, the Urban Livelihoods Manager oversees any partnership with the private sector and community CBOs if any during the period of the project.
Coordination & Representation
* Develops and maintains effective coordination and long-term relationships with external stakeholders, representing IRC positions, promoting long-term strategy and resolving problems/conflicts. Actively coordinate with local and national government entities such as the Ministry of Economy and Trade and Ministry of Social Affairs on the implementation of the project
Monitoring and Evaluation
* Support ERD M&E staff to develop relevant monitoring tools and adapt them to the different program methodologies.
* If requested coordinate with finance team to ensure financial protocols and procedures are followed.
* Participate in regular team meetings and supervision sessions.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Directly Reports to: ERD Coordinator
Position directly supervises: Livelihoods Officers and Livelihoods Assistants
Other internal and/or external contacts: grants unit; finance, HR and supply chain departments; other sector managers
* Bachelor degree in social agriculture, economics, social science, or related field required.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
This position will be based in Yola, Adamawa State, in the northeast of Nigeria and will be required to travel in project sites. The security phase is orange and staff are expected to respect IRC security protocols . Shared housing in a comfortable guesthouse with electricity and internet is provided . This is a non-accompanied position.
|Fonctions||Autre, Coordination, Gestion de projet, Etudes, Recherche|
|Activités||Agriculture, Environnement, Autre, Génie civil, Hydraulique|
|Salaire / Indemnité||Negotiable|
|Postuler en ligne||http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=a2F0cmluYW1pbGxlci45NDM5NC42MTc3QGlyYy5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20|
|Date de fin de validité||15/08/2017|