World Food Programme hires 01 Senior IT Solutions Associate SC7 (Database Developer)
|Entreprise/Structure: World Food Programme|
Ville, Pays: Egypte
Niveau d’études minimum réquis: Non précisé
Expériences professionnelles demandées: 6 ans
Date limite de dépôt de dossier: 16-10-2017
Email de réception des candidatures : Non précisé
Détails de l’offre:
Senior IT Solutions Associate SC7 (Database Developer)
Area of expertise: Information technologies
Type of contract: Short term opportunities
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). The Job holders report to a Head of the Unit, Chief or IT Solutions Developer.
Job holders typically work under the general guidance of an IT solutions developer. They manage independently a detailed part of the IT Solutions. They receive broad instructions and are expected to consistently demonstrate a high degree of personal responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries. Job holders are typically expected to develop part of the software systems and applications. They are also expected to provide end-user technical support after delivery of the IT Solutions.
To develop, test, implement and maintain a portion of IT solutions in line with business requirements.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in Computer Science, Information Sciences, Information Systems, Electrical/Computer Engineering or other related functional area is desirable.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Write program code in order to support the development and implementation of efficient and effective IT solutions supporting WFP business needs.
2. Prepare clear technical systems documentation for developed IT solutions in order to facilitate systems development and maintenance.
3. Perform unit and integrated testing of new, enhanced or fixed code in order to ensure completeness and adherence to technical specifications.
4. Contribute to the installation, configuration and customization of IT systems, as well as integration and migration of data between systems ensuring compliance with WFP’s IT standards, guidelines and procedures.
5. Contribute to release of IT systems and provide early life support in order to prepare for and enable proper use of the IT solution.
6. Provide support to users, analyse and resolve issues related to IT systems following IT policies, procedures and standards.
7. Contribute to the design and delivery of trainings on automated business processes to ensure efficient and effective use of IT systems.
8. Collect and collate data, conduct basic analysis including the impact of procedural changes to support the development of accurate reports .
9. Support Supply Chain unit in the development of databases to manage information management needs for CBT;
10. Work with IT team to ensure relevant standard development platform, programming language and development protocols are followed.
1. Operational Database to capture, analyze, report, store and share Supply chain CBT activities and information;
2. All relevant Documentation for the developed IT solution(s) as well as source code of developed solution.
3. Training of end users and IT staff on the solution.
4. Training manual for end users and administrators.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
• Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
• Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
• Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
• Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
• Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
• Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
• Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
• Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
• Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
• Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
• Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
• Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
• Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
• Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
• Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
• Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Sound judgment; ability to understand, interpret and analyze users’ requirements.
• Ability to resolve operational problems.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision; to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
• Good knowledge of web2.0/3.0 technologies.
• Sound knowledge of Relational Database (MS-SQL, PostgreSQL or MySQL).
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Contract Duration: 12 Months
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
16th October 2017