L’Organisation Mondiale de la Santé recrute un Real Estate Administrator/Technical Officer
|Real Estate Administrator/Technical Officer – (1701690)|
Contractual Arrangement: Temporary Appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract duration: Temporary appointment two (2) years
: Jul 4, 2017, 11:59:00 PM
: AF/GMC General Management
PURPOSE OF THE POST :
To provide technical support to the Regional Administrative Services Unit (ASU) and Country offices in terms of effective supervision of all Sections that composes the Real Estate Sub-Unit « Building and Maintenance (BMA), Building and Infrastructure Officer (BIO); Electricity & Maintenance (EMA); Water, Health and Sanitation Officer (HSO), Mechanics & Maintenance (MEC); Inventory (INV) » and which are responsible of ensuring that preventive and curative maintenances of AFRO infrastructures and equipment including construction of new projects are successfully planned, implemented and monitored in accordance with the Regional Administrative Services’ Programme.
SUMMARY OF ASSIGNED DUTIES
The Technical Officer will provide managerial support as bellow :
1. Supervision Role:
– Provide overall supervision to all staff under REA Unit and direct supervision to all his assistants: Building, Electricity, Sanitation, Mechanics, Inventory and stock room;
– Supervise the contribution the REA unit in the elaboration of the ASU’s work plan and evaluate staff performance of the REA unit ;
– Provide overall coordination and reporting on all planned activities, implemented, monitored and evaluated under REA.
2. Project management and related Procurement :
– Contributing in the preparation of feasibility studies; sketches, working drawings, specifications, billing of quantities and of small scale projects and also prepare tenders documents;
– Coordinate team contributions to facilitate group purchase and service procurement activities (terms of reference definition, site visit, offer evaluation, etc.) ;
– Assisting ASO in analyzing bids, elaboration of the adjudication document, and recommending Contractors to the procurement team;
– Ensure that the preparation, monitoring and timely execution of all facilities maintenance related contracts including the following services: Building, Electrical and Mechanical Equipment maintenances of main buildings, workshops and staff residences, office equipment, working spaces and environment of the Regional Office;
– Provide, as required, high level support to the Country offices for the contracting related activities.
3. Define Preventive and customer oriented Service maintenance approach:
– In depth architectural and technical review of the building facilities.
– Define and implement strategy for a preventive approach maintenance;
– Ensure proper recording of the queries, timely processing and their inclusion in the team activity report;
– Assist ASO in the management of the Real Estate by:
– Preparing the project document of Real Estate Funds projects; cost projections and time table for feasibility studies of the said projects and tender documents;
– Analyzing bids and recommending Constructors to the CRC;
– Supervising construction works; and Enabling finished products to be efficiently used by WHO.
5. Provide building expertise and support for RO and country office:
– Provide architecture/building expertise to identify risk and their mitigation for RO and CO building projects;
– Ensuring that the AFRO premises maps are updated according to the implemented activities;
– Coordinate with the CO to get updated premises data;
– Supervise , train and guide staff assigned to work under him/her;
– Supervise and coordinate the activities and formulate recommendations for the continuing improvement of subunits’ performance (under his/her jurisdiction);
– Carry out any other duty as assigned by the first level supervisor;
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
– University degree in Engineering, Infrastructure and Construction, Urban planning, architecture.
– Advanced degree in management and Real Estate development.
1. Proven architecture / building management skills.
2. Excellent managerial interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to multi-task identify and solve problems.
3. Sound ability to interact, negotiate and deal with officials with tact, discretion and diplomacy.
4. Ability to write in a clear and concise manner.
5. Excellent presentation skills.
Minimum of five (5) years of experience in Engineering and Building Construction management, and at least four years’ experience at managerial level in a national or international organization.
Expérience in large team management (50 + people). Experience with ERP (Oracle) is a plus.
– Excellent knowledge of French or English with a good working knowledge of the other; knowledge of Portuguese would be an asset.
Postuler sur le lien https://goo.gl/wrei9z