UNICEF recrute un Agent de communication
Job Number: 505082
Location: Republic of Cameroon
Work Type : Fixed Term Staff
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
Assists in planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating an advocacy and communication strategy to get children’s and women’s issues into the public domain, strengthen political will in support of UNICEF’s mission and objectives in the country, and enhance the organization’s credibility and brand.
Key Expected Results
- Communication strategy: The production of communication products and materials are timely executed and followed up to support country communication strategy, regional and global campaigns and priorities, and to support resource mobilization as set out in the work plan.
- Media relations: Effective and timely professional assistance and support are provided in developing, drafting and maintaining contact information, materials and relationships with journalists and media outlets covering all media – print, TV, radio, web etc. – in the country, to communicate the story of UNICEF’s cooperation to a wider audience.
- Monitoring and evaluation: Regular monitoring and evaluation activities are undertaken according to the work plan to ensure maximum impact and continuous improvement of country communication efforts. Results and reports are prepared and shared on a timely basis.
- Celebrities, partners and special events: The Country Office’s contact list of individuals, groups, organizations and fora (including Government, UN, and bilateral counterparts), is maintained and further developed, whose support is essential to/can assist in achieving the advocacy and communication objectives and who support and are able to actively participate in special events and activities that further the country programme goals.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- University degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field.
- Two years practical professional work experience in communication, print and broadcast media, or interactive digital media.
- Field work experience
- Fluency in English and knowledge of the local language is required.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Working with People
- Drive for Results
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts
- Relating and Networking
- Persuading and Influencing
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Learning and Researching
- Planning and Organizing
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
Opening Date Thu Jun 01 2017 01:20:00 GMT+0200 (Paris, Madrid (heure d’été)) W. Central Africa Standard Time
Closing Date Sun Jun 11 2017 00:55:00 GMT+0200 (Paris, Madrid (heure d’été))
Postuler sur le lien https://goo.gl/SZixQB